JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Heres some pics of my 317 with the 18 Kohler Magnum conversion. When purchased original engine had already been removed and it took me about 12 to 18 months to finally run across a Yard Pro(AYP) tractor with the magnum in it. Currently working on the deck, spindles have been rebuilt(with much wailing and gnashing of teeth!!!!) with bearings from OReillys auto parts. Deck has been primered and waiting on the weather for final paint.

PA130136.JPG
PA130137.JPG
PA190138.JPG

Ag tires came from a yard sale several years ago, finally found a tractor they would fit LOL and blade was purchased seperately.

JD214

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doubt I do any restorations on any of my tractors in the near future.  Limited time, work/storage space, money  are in very limited supply right now.  Just trying to do basic maintance on the ones Ive got.  Also just seems like when I get a few dollars ahead lo and behold another non runner pops up for sale for cheap and I cant resist  LOL

JD214

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
Heres a few updates on the deck rebuild on this tractor,

First, heres pics of the first coats of primer/rust converter after hitting deck with 3M pad/drill

P2100297.JPG

P2100298.JPG

And heres pics of second round of primer again a Rustoleum primer made for rust....

P3020306.JPG

P3020308.JPG

More pics to come.................

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
For the underside of deck just got 2 of the $1.25 cans of flat black paint at Dollar General, for the top used jd yellow Majic?? brand paint from Tractor supply....

P3210315.JPG

P3210316.JPG

Finally today was able to do the final assembly and get it ready to go on the tractor!!!

P4030323.JPG

P4030324.JPG

P4030325.JPG

Got Mule drive attached, attached deck and fired it up to try it out, deck very quied, started moving foward and SCREECHHHHH. Shut it down and another DOH!!! moment, forgot to put grill back on and now its toast....oh well.........

P4030326.JPG

JD214

1 - 5 of 5 Posts