JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Does it cost to show or do we need to reserve spots ahead of time.Looks like you all had a good time last year. Thats a busy week already for me but it would be nice to relax and meet a few of you from the website. I would just have to load up ahead of time.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
We found out yesterday guys, that one of local businesses, Manheim Auto Action, will be renting/using the facilities parking lot (where we plan on setting up the show) until sometime that Friday evening. We are hoping they will have all of their cars removed by at least 6:00 pm, but if not, we may have to resort in you that are planning on coming that Friday evening, to keep your tractors loaded until Saturday morning.  We'll have to wait and see what the conditions will be like once we get over there ourselves on Friday afternoon to start setting up, but if all goes well, we will be able to start unloading and setting up sometime Friday evening. 

As for the set up, once we have the auction cars all removed, there will be plenty of open parking lot for us all to display on. No spot is a bad spot! The registration tent, DJ stage, and tractor games will be set up in the same, almost central location, as it was last year. We have food vendors signed up that will have a variety of different food options for sale, and unlike last year, we will have plenty of coffee this year!!!

The consignment auction will be held across the street from the show grounds, and looks promising in having lots of goodies for sale. On a side note, we are looking for parts vendors to set up within the show grounds, so if you know of anyone looking to sell some of their parts, partial tractors, or any other tractor related items during the show, please be sure to pass along the invite and information. 

As for the kids, we'll have pedal tractor pulls for both days, as well as a continuous running barrel train running around the premises for rides. We will have a DJ on board again this year, as well as a special live broadcast and cookbook signing by the locally famous Casey Allen of WIOV, of the big I-105 country radio station. We will have plenty of tractor games again this year, so please come and plan on participating. Don and I will be building a tractor teeter-totter, which is always fun and full of excitement! 

Looking forward to seeing you all, and finally getting the chance to meet face-to-face and shake hands! 

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
If we are able my pop and I would not be there until Saturday morning. I cannot get off from work on that week as its graduation and I have to be there everyday. Ian sure we'll be on our way by 6-7 am and should be there in about 1-1.5 hour . So we'll be ok . Just talking about it with you all is getting me wound up and ready to go .

1 - 20 of 52 Posts