• Welcome to JD Fanatics Forum

210 getting spruced up

Discussion in 'JD Lawn & Garden Tractor Forum' started by ckjakline, Oct 22, 2017.

1. ckjakline

ckjakline Well-Known Member

I picked up a 210 probably 3 yrs ago. i finally drug it in to start working on it. i bought the tractor from a coworker. he had issues with the transmission and it needed gone over. He took trans out rebuilt it and put it back in. thats where he stopped. he had it sitting in his garage 5yrs prior to me getting it and wanted it gone. The fender pan was brush painted and looked horrible.My plan for this tractor is to get it running again and put into service on yard duty. Last night i lifted fender pan off and wire wheeled it and got it ready for primer and paint. My plan is freshen paint up some not a complete restore. I think i have all the parts to make it complete.
    IMG_1412.JPG IMG_1413.JPG IMG_1414.JPG IMG_1415.JPG IMG_1420.JPG

Kster526, Chaser and truck21 like this.
  2. Kster526

Kster526 Well-Known Member

Oley, Pa
    That new cab will look good on there.

truck21, ckjakline and Chaser like this.

3. ckjakline

Primed fender pan this morning and gave it 2 coats of green tonight. I tried a new type of paint for this project and so far i'm very pleased with the results. I think its a tad darker than the talmans paint. The paint i used was Ace stop rust farm machinery paint Jd green gloss.We'll see how it looks after wet sanding .
    IMG_1421.JPG IMG_1423.JPG IMG_1423.JPG This is the paint i used. It sprays nice and has a nice shine to it already. Oh and did i mention it's on sale right now at your local Ace hardware 2 cans for $6. Going to get more tomorrow. it dries in a half hour like the can says also. IMG_1426.JPG IMG_1429.JPG IMG_1430.JPG IMG_1432.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    truck21, KAJD23, Chaser and 1 other person like this.
  4. ckjakline

I tore into the 210 today. Got some more of the pieces off that need freshened up.The steering wheel came off surprisingly easy. Going to wire wheel the frame and give it a coat or 2 of black.
    IMG_1424.JPG IMG_1425.JPG

truck21, Chaser and Kster526 like this.
  5. Kster526

Oley, Pa
    Green looks good.

truck21, Chaser and ckjakline like this.
  6. ckjakline

A little update on progress. Wasn't happy with the finish i was getting from the Ace brand paint. It didn't have a nice shine to it. I did 2 finish coats with the Tallmans paint. If i had to do it over again i would remove the decals also and just buy new. I'm going to be using this tractor so i'm not worried about it. A lot happier with the fender pan now.
    IMG_1498.JPG IMG_1500.JPG IMG_1503.JPG IMG_1504.JPG IMG_1518.JPG

KAJD23, Kster526, truck21 and 2 others like this.
  7. ckjakline

Replaced the ignition switch,and decal.Replaced the amp gage the original one was in bad shape.That was a little salty but still available.Got the engine pulled,and front axle. I only pulled the engine due to a mouse nest in the shroud,and i'm sure glad i did.Big mouse nest on top of the flywheel,and behind the muffler.The front of the frame is all painted,engine is painted,and reinstalled.New fuel line is in. Still need to get new spark plug,air filter,clean carb,and points. Got the side covers sanded,primed and 2 coats of the green. I forgot to get pictures of them. Got the skinnies for the front out of storage,tires removed,and sanded.I have a set of deestone tri ribs to put on them. The rears are getting new sneakers also but need to save up some green stuff for that and i'm not talking paint chips.Here is updated pictures.I also went through the Jd website and made a list of things i want to replace.I was surprised with the amout of stuff that is still available.
    IMG_1549.JPG IMG_1550.JPG IMG_1551.JPG

Kster526, KAJD23, truck21 and 2 others like this.
  8. Chaser

Chaser Well-Known Member

9. Kster526

Oley, Pa