JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 210 probably 3 yrs ago. i finally drug it in to start working on it. i bought the tractor from a coworker. he had issues with the transmission and it needed gone over. He took trans out rebuilt it and put it back in. thats where he stopped. he had it sitting in his garage 5yrs prior to me getting it and wanted it gone. The fender pan was brush painted and looked horrible.My plan for this tractor is to get it running again and put into service on yard duty. Last night i lifted fender pan off and wire wheeled it and got it ready for primer and paint. My plan is freshen paint up some not a complete restore. I think i have all the parts to make it complete.
IMG_1412.JPG
IMG_1413.JPG
IMG_1414.JPG
IMG_1415.JPG
IMG_1420.JPG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Primed fender pan this morning and gave it 2 coats of green tonight. I tried a new type of paint for this project and so far i'm very pleased with the results. I think its a tad darker than the talmans paint. The paint i used was Ace stop rust farm machinery paint Jd green gloss.We'll see how it looks after wet sanding .
IMG_1421.JPG
IMG_1423.JPG
IMG_1423.JPG
This is the paint i used. It sprays nice and has a nice shine to it already. Oh and did i mention it's on sale right now at your local Ace hardware 2 cans for $6. Going to get more tomorrow. it dries in a half hour like the can says also.
IMG_1426.JPG
IMG_1429.JPG
IMG_1430.JPG
IMG_1432.JPG
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little update on progress. Wasn't happy with the finish i was getting from the Ace brand paint. It didn't have a nice shine to it. I did 2 finish coats with the Tallmans paint. If i had to do it over again i would remove the decals also and just buy new. I'm going to be using this tractor so i'm not worried about it. A lot happier with the fender pan now.
IMG_1498.JPG
IMG_1500.JPG
IMG_1503.JPG
IMG_1504.JPG
IMG_1518.JPG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replaced the ignition switch,and decal.Replaced the amp gage the original one was in bad shape.That was a little salty but still available.Got the engine pulled,and front axle. I only pulled the engine due to a mouse nest in the shroud,and i'm sure glad i did.Big mouse nest on top of the flywheel,and behind the muffler.The front of the frame is all painted,engine is painted,and reinstalled.New fuel line is in. Still need to get new spark plug,air filter,clean carb,and points. Got the side covers sanded,primed and 2 coats of the green. I forgot to get pictures of them. Got the skinnies for the front out of storage,tires removed,and sanded.I have a set of deestone tri ribs to put on them. The rears are getting new sneakers also but need to save up some green stuff for that and i'm not talking paint chips.Here is updated pictures.I also went through the Jd website and made a list of things i want to replace.I was surprised with the amout of stuff that is still available.
IMG_1549.JPG
IMG_1550.JPG
IMG_1551.JPG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It’s been awhile since I got a chance to work on the 210.we moved back in April, getting farm work done and working 60-70 hours a week don’t leave much time for the toys. I had a couple days off work at beginning of November. I started reassembling. Got the fender pan on, dash reinstalled,got wiring hooked up and tried to start it,Nothing.Did some testing and found the ignition switch connector was bad. Replaced that and wire terminals. Also needed the safety switches for pto replaced.finally it would crank over, guess what, no spark . Turns out coil was bad. Then it ran. It surprisingly runs really well. Finally got it all back together and useable. Just need to get hood decals,clear lense for front of hood and some taillights then it’ll be done.if you notice I added my own touch to the air cleaner and painted it green. Oh and I also need to get longer bolts so I can put a set of weights on.
EDEB5F3F-9464-4C91-9431-1ADE6FE1DC32.jpeg
07A22621-4CF8-4AB6-8B59-F222FEBA77B8.jpeg
733A9F95-3CD9-4AD5-B999-1671B723A44D.jpeg
211DF0AA-089B-47B7-ABB3-4A9A1F528F30.jpeg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,631 Posts
Looks great nice job .
I’m of the opinion that doing a restoration everyone needs a signature thing that they always do. It makes it yours and something your proud of.
I think the skinnies look great on there. If I wouldn’t use mine for mowing and plowing I’d copy and put a set on mine.
Well done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
It’s been awhile since I got a chance to work on the 210.we moved back in April, getting farm work done and working 60-70 hours a week don’t leave much time for the toys. I had a couple days off work at beginning of November. I started reassembling. Got the fender pan on, dash reinstalled,got wiring hooked up and tried to start it,Nothing.Did some testing and found the ignition switch connector was bad. Replaced that and wire terminals. Also needed the safety switches for pto replaced.finally it would crank over, guess what, no spark . Turns out coil was bad. Then it ran. It surprisingly runs really well. Finally got it all back together and useable. Just need to get hood decals,clear lense for front of hood and some taillights then it’ll be done.if you notice I added my own touch to the air cleaner and painted it green. Oh and I also need to get longer bolts so I can put a set of weights on.
View attachment 6821 View attachment 6823 View attachment 6825 View attachment 6827
Nice job!!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top