• Welcome to JD Fanatics Forum

200 series trans

Discussion in 'Transmissions' started by truck21, Aug 30, 2014.

1. truck21

truck21 Moderator Staff Member

Manheim Pa
    I have two 200 series transmissions that both have issues. Is it worth it to try to make one good one out of them or are they reasonable priced enough to just buy one if I need one? If I am going to repair one of them does anyone have a manual that shows how to do it?

Thanks Don

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. ckjakline

ckjakline Well-Known Member

Don,

I have a Trans from a 210 w/good hubs and was supposedly rebuilt by a jd dealer if you want to check it out let me know.

2 people like this.

3. BigFlash

BigFlash New Member

The 200 series tractors use peerless 2300 transaxle. It's actually the same transaxle that was used in the later 110s. The repair manuals for those can be easily found with a quick google search.  As for rebuild or buy another, thats up to you. If you feel you have the mechanical skill or at least the nerve to attempt it they can be rebuilt. I would say the trickiest part would be removing and installing new bearings. 

2 people like this.
  4. johndeereelfman

johndeereelfman Member Staff Member

Did you ever make a decision Don on which way you are going to go on this? If you decide to rebuild your transmission, don't forget to post some pictures of your progress so that the rest of us can follow along.

5. truck21

truck21 Moderator Staff Member

Manheim Pa
     Troy,

The last time you were here you saw my garage, well nothing has changed. It`s been way too cold be out there as I would need to run the heat longer to warm the place then I could be out there. As for the tranny I don`t really need one I just have two laying around.

Don

1 person likes this.