JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum and to John Deere. I inherited a 214 in near mint condition (save for the dismantling of the kill switch under the seat, which I don't care about), and a Massey Ferguson 14. I picked up a Massey Ferguson 16 (project tractor - hood and grill have been beaten to death), initially for parts for the 14 (may still end up being a donor).
Anyway, I'm trying to learn about this series, and as I was on the Deere site downloading the service manual, and I noticed there is a different operator's manual for every year of the 200 series. I don't know the series well, but it looks like the PTO lever moved to a switch on the dash from 1982 onward. Were there other changes after that in any of the model years? I will say, this little 214 has the same engine as my Massey 14, but it sure doesn't have the room between the seat and the steering column - ouch! But my other half likes it, so now she's got her own. ;)
Thanks!
Derek

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Welcome to the site. There really wasn't a lot of changes made to the 200 series. I believe a switch on the dash panel just means it has electric PTO clutch, maybe 82 was the year for that option. Don aka Truck21 is the 200 series expert around here, guarantee he can answer all of your 200 series questions.

·
Super Moderator
986 Posts
Welcome to the site. There really wasn't a lot of changes made to the 200 series. I believe a switch on the dash panel just means it has electric PTO clutch, maybe 82 was the year for that option. Don aka Truck21 is the 200 series expert around here, guarantee he can answer all of your 200 series questions.

Hey Chaser you shouldn't be starting nasty rumors like that...LOL

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I’m afraid my friend I have to agree with Chaser on this one Don!!!
Hope you and the wife are staying safe up there on the other side Don.
Please let her I know I’m thinking of her.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Im going to agree with the guys on it as well Don since you have the whole 200 series in your collection i just know how to paint an put them together with your help, ill stick with my 110s

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is all I have for the 214, but it's been meticulously cared for over the years. The seat is new, and new tie-rod ends. If the weather clears up, I can get it outside and take some more photos. It's nothing like the shape my Massey 14 was in, when I got it! Looking forward to learning about the 200 series. :)
JD214-2.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts