JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got a question when the tractor is not running and i push in on the clutch pedal the idler pulls hits the rear fender panel when i start the machine i can see the break pedal adjust and i no longer have the issue of the fully hitting the rear fender body panel and it moves like it should all but when i come to a hill it feels like the belt is slipping. i am not 100% sure i got the primary and secondary belts on right so the secondary belt goes from rear peerless 2300 transaxle to the variatior furthest pulley in on the variatior " all the way to the right sitting on the machine " and the primary belt goes from PTO to variatior " sitting on tractor the left pulley " and to adjust the variatior put the variatior lever in 5th notch lossen variator bolt remove plug wire off spark plug and turn the tractor over am i missing a step?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Yes, you are correct on both, the belts and the adjustment process.
Your variator could be sticking, or maybe you need new springs (variator and/or clutch).

·
Registered
251 Posts
i actually loosened the 2 bolts on right side of tower under the 2 plugs, if i recall correctly its a 3/4" socket head.. then crank engine over until clutch pedal is up the whole way. it took me a couple tries to get my 210 where i wanted it.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
ARE THE BELTS NEW? IF NOT THEY MAY BE STRETCHED OUT AND THE ADJUSTMENT PROCESS WILL NOT WORK AS WELL.
CHECK YOUR VARIATOR AS CHASER SAID AND MAKE SURE THE CENTER IS MOVING BACK AND FOURTH. I LIKE TO DAB A LITTLE LUBE ON THAT WITH A CUE TIP SO IT DOES NOT GET ALL OVER. I ALSO DO AS CRAIG SAID AND LOOSEN BOTH BOLTS JUST ONE MORE THAN THE OTHER.
I HAD ALSO REPLACED A SPRING ON MY 210 WITH A MUCH HEAVIER SPRING FROM A MOWER DECK AND HAS WORKED GREAT EVER SINCE. GOOD LUCK AND WELCOME TO THE SITE.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts