JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I have a '73 110 and the secondary belt idler spring went MIA when my gf was mowing the lawn. I sourced a new one and think I found the frame side attachment. Does it attach to a little hole and then have to go through a square hold in a bracket and lastly to the hook on the rear end? My question is, how do you go about stretching it to get it to hook to both ends? Trying to do it from below I can't get a good enough grip/angle to pull it to hook to the rear.

I am assuming there is a trick to this that hopefully doesn't involve removing the fenders/body?

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
try using a longer screwdriver and prying against something and stretching it then when it close I use vise grips to guide it home. it is frustrating for sure.
I like to pear into youtube and Google when I am lost or cannot figure something out.
If your thinking of keeping it around for awhile my suggestion would be a repair manual.
They are invaluable and help you when your stuck.
You should not have to remove body to repair it.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was able to put a small ratchet strap through the rear of the tractor and connect it to the spring with a small hook. Once extended, I could hook it to the little extension hook on the rear end and let the ratchet strap go. Worked perfectly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts