JD Fanatic Forums banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Thanks. If it wouldn’t be too much trouble, could you or someone post close-up photos of the governor assembly on your 110? I didn’t take enough photos before I disassembled it for cleaning and paint stripping. It sort of fell apart as I was taking it apart. The diagrams I have are not very clear. Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Here are a couple photos of the governor on my 1963 110 that I am currently working on. Hopefully these help.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Hello:

I have a question about two thin metal 'bands' which are located on the bottom and middle rings of the piston to my Kohler K181 engine. I removed the old rings, and found that behind the rings are two bands, which I haven't found any mention of in the Kohler Service Manual. There aren't new bands included in the package of new rings I bought. The bands don't appear in photos of Kohler pistons. I'm wondering if I should leave them in place, or remove them?

Thanks.

Piston.jpg

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
They should come new with your new piston or new ring set. There should be a picture with the new kit that includes them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I ordered a new set of Kohler rings, and these 'bands' are not part of that package (Kohler provided installation instructions with their rings - nice!). I had also ordered a new piston and rings from ISaveTractors. Those bands are aren't part of the package from ISaveTractors, either. I was surprised to see them behind the old rings.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts