JD Fanatic Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post on this forum and looking forward to meeting some of the JD gang. I recently acquired a one owner 1966 JD 110 from my father in law who is 87 years old. I have the original bill of sale and I was surprised how much these mowers cost back in the day. It hadn't been started in over 20 years but after a few weeks of cleaning the carb, new lines, tank cleaning, new battery, tires, sanding the points and a new spark plug she fired right up. The thing blew God knows what out of the exhaust (looked like rat nests) but it’s a start. I have a lot of work to do to get it mowing again but my plans are to cut my father in laws grass with it and leave the patina look for now. Seeing him smile out the window cutting his grass will be well priceless.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Very nice 110 and welcome to JDFanatics!!! That has the correct type code for the narrow GT-1 tires which is somewhat uncommon. Most 1966's had the wider tires. Very nice find!

·
Registered
120 Posts
This is my first post on this forum and looking forward to meeting some of the JD gang. I recently acquired a one owner 1966 JD 110 from my father in law who is 87 years old. I have the original bill of sale and I was surprised how much these mowers cost back in the day. It hadn't been started in over 20 years but after a few weeks of cleaning the carb, new lines, tank cleaning, new battery, tires, sanding the points and a new spark plug she fired right up. The thing blew God knows what out of the exhaust (looked like rat nests) but it’s a start. I have a lot of work to do to get it mowing again but my plans are to cut my father in laws grass with it and leave the patina look for now. Seeing him smile out the window cutting his grass will be well priceless.
Great to have you join us and Congrats on finding this nice original 1966 JD 110 ! It's always great to see another one being saved and brought back to life. I'm sure you'll be making your father in law very proud of what you're doing, your efforts are very much worthwhile. Welcome Aboard!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts