• Welcome to JD Fanatics Forum

1966 110 snow blade lift help

Discussion in 'JD Garden Tractor Attachments Forum' started by Manfjourde, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Manfjourde

Manfjourde New Member

So I just got a 1966 110 in great original shape and it is quite difficult (two hands) to lift the blade. Is this normal?

Any suggestions on checking this? I see a grease fitting - should it be greased? From what I can tell it has a helper spring. This is my first so I don't know what's normal. Thanks. 

2 people like this.
  2. Kster526

Kster526 Well-Known Member

Oley, Pa
    You need a lift assist spring . It will go under the tractor and attach to the lift and make a big difference 

2 people like this.

3. Manfjourde

Manfjourde New Member

I thought I saw one under it but not sure. Do you have a diagram showing it and where could I get such a spring?

3 people like this.
  4. Kster526

Oley, Pa
    Go on you tube, search john deere round fender lift assist spring. There is a video on there of a guy installing one Ill try to find the part number

3 people like this.
  5. Manfjourde

Manfjourde New Member

Good news, I checked the old '64 and it has a helper spring assembly so I removed it tonight and cleaned it up. I'll see if I can get it installed within a few days. I also found some vids on YouTube and they were very helpful!

3 people like this.
  6. Kster526

Oley, Pa
    Glad to hear it, I know when I'm stuck the internet / local shop always seam to have the answers I need.Good luck with it.

2 people like this.
  7. Manfjourde

Manfjourde New Member

I got it installed - now I'm wondering how best to adjust it. Is it better to have more tension so it requires pushing more forward to get the blade down?

3 people like this.
  8. Kster526

Oley, Pa
    Remember it's a helper and not a "lifter" to much tension will snap the spring. Adjust it to make it easier for you.

Glad you got it figured out.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
    2 people like this.