JD Fanatic Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Just though I would start a restoration thread on my Dad’s 1964 110 that we have been working on for the last couple weeks. Here are a couple before photos. The other 1964 on the right in the second photo is my nice original paint 110, I am leaving it original. I will keep everyone updated on the progress.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I then spent a couple days blasting all the parts in our blasting cabinet. Then Dad started doing the body work. He painted the first batch of parts last Sunday.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some of the painted parts. We are using u-tech automotive paint on it. We will wet sand the hood and fenders in a few days and then clear coat them. We are currently working on re-sealing and rebuilding the transmission. Once that is completed we will tear down the engine and send out the block to be bored .010.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Here are some of the painted parts. We are using u-tech automotive paint on it. We will wet sand the hood and fenders in a few days and then clear coat them. We are currently working on re-sealing and rebuilding the transmission. Once that is completed we will tear down the engine and send out the block to be bored .010.
Your 110 restoration is looking great Brandan and progressing really nicely. (y)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the complements everyone!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finished up the transmission today, then Dad painted some parts yellow.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my 64 has exact duplicates of the holes in the hood
This one had the factory light kit on it when we bought it, but the previous owner bumped against the side of the hood one time and completely ripped the right headlight off. Dad prefers them without lights so he ended up selling the light kit years ago.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We got the transmission and generator painted the other day and Dad clear coated the hood, dash and fenders. Now we just need to disassemble the engine for a rebuild, and then paint it once we get the block back from the machine shop.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
We got the transmission and generator painted the other day and Dad clear coated the hood, dash and fenders. Now we just need to disassemble the engine for a rebuild, and then paint it once we get the block back from the machine shop.
Your restoration is looking really great. I know I don't dare let my wife see your photos, she'll want to hire you guys to speed up my long term project, lol. That would take too much fun out of it for me though. Great work!(y)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your restoration is looking really great. I know I don't dare let my wife see your photos, she'll want to hire you guys to speed up my long term project, lol. That would take too much fun out of it for me though. Great work!(y)
Thank you!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We decided to start re assembling some parts today.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts