JD Fanatic Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am helping a friend with this 1963 110.
It seems to be all original. 3 speed, fiberglass fenders, 7 hp engine, welded 38 deck. Runs like a top. All I had to do was replace points, rebuild carb and replace the N start switch. If anyone see anything that does not seem to be correct please comment. Thanks in advance. Also have original op man and dealer service bulletin for the mower.

Attachments

Administrator
Looks complete to me. About the only thing I would change would be the muffler. Looks like you even have the lift lever stop for it too. Very nice unit. In that shape, I would keep it original and wouldn't even think about restoring it. Congrats!!

Registered
I totally agree. Put on a reproduction muffler and wash it up, maybe light polish/wax job and leave it as is! Beautiful shape!!

Registered
Very nice 63!!! I agree with the others the only thing not "correct" is the muffler which you can buy from hapco parts. This tractor is only 10 tractors apart from one of my 63's! Mine is 2865.

Attachments

Registered
That鈥檚 pretty neat! They were probably rolling down the assembly line the same day.
I just checked and it looks like they were built 5 days apart. They were both shipped together to Baltimore Md. though!

Attachments

Registered
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

It seems to be all original. 3 speed, fiberglass fenders, 7 hp engine, welded 38 deck. Runs like a top. All I had to do was replace points, rebuild carb and replace the N start switch. If anyone see anything that does not seem to be correct please comment. Thanks in advance. Also have original op man and dealer service bulletin for the mower.

Where did your friend find this 63? Mine was right at the West Virginia/ Maryland line.

Reactions: Kster526

Registered
Is the build info available somewhere? I would like to get the build info for my two (2) 110Hs.
A friend of mine has the build info for all 1000 of the 1963's. You can email the John Deere archives and ask for the build info on your 110H's though. I tried emailing them about 6 months ago for the info on my 66 112H and at that time they were shut down due to Covid. I have not tried recently though.

Registered
Nice find and has the original muffler guard too!! Might want to turn the rear wheels around! I would keep it original if it was mine! Congrats on the find!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts