JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's,

Just joined this site, I was asked by a friend to post a thread about my 1958 630 restoration I did back in 2009. I bought this tractor in Georgetown OH. My son and I completely tore it down and rebuilt the engine, transmission, and replaced all seals and gaskets. It originally had a wide front end on it, but I like a narrow front on a 630 and installed a rollomatic on it. Here are some before pictures.

630 ebay 031.jpg

630 ebay 032.jpg

630 ebay 033.jpg

630 ebay 034.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Yea, it's been awhile since we've been there. I'd really like to make there this year, and maybe catch up with you again. Not sure if I can talk Dad into coming or not, but I will try. We just got tired of all of the fighting and arguing going on between the members, so we stayed away. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys!!!!

Troy, I know what you mean! It has gotten better the last few years though. I remember the first year I took my 140 there a guy was asking you which shade of green was correct. He had a 140 that was painted with AG green and my 140 was painted with PPG( which was a few shades off, Didn't realize it until it was too late. After that I always have the paint color matched to the correct color!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts