JD Fanatic Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's,

Just joined this site, I was asked by a friend to post a thread about my 1958 630 restoration I did back in 2009. I bought this tractor in Georgetown OH. My son and I completely tore it down and rebuilt the engine, transmission, and replaced all seals and gaskets. It originally had a wide front end on it, but I like a narrow front on a 630 and installed a rollomatic on it. Here are some before pictures.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire

Wheel Vehicle Tire Tractor Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Plant

·
Administrator
911 Posts
Very nice work Mark. Excellent work! My Dad has a 1959 630, but his doesn't shine like yours does.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Tractor

·
Administrator
911 Posts
Yea, it's been awhile since we've been there. I'd really like to make there this year, and maybe catch up with you again. Not sure if I can talk Dad into coming or not, but I will try. We just got tired of all of the fighting and arguing going on between the members, so we stayed away. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys!!!!

Troy, I know what you mean! It has gotten better the last few years though. I remember the first year I took my 140 there a guy was asking you which shade of green was correct. He had a 140 that was painted with AG green and my 140 was painted with PPG( which was a few shades off, Didn't realize it until it was too late. After that I always have the paint color matched to the correct color!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts