JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any good photos of the wiring on a 175 Hydro (1988-ish model) with FC420V 14HP engine? I am not good with electrical and cannot figure out how to wire everything together. Doesn't help that the wire part M70115 I got specifically from John Deere has a different connector than what the old mower diagrams show.

All I have to work from is the black connector (double black wires) and a white wire (kill wire?) in attached photo coming out past the oil dipstick. I have the ignition coil, stator, and igniter and can't figure out how they should be connected. M70115 above is supposed to be the ignition coil wire but it doesn't have the correct end connector like JD diagrams show.

Any help is appreciated. Remember, this would be like wiring for dummies. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Have you googled it. I have found some wiring diagrams on there that were helpful. Sorry I do not hVe much e perish s with them. If you have a local dealer they could print one out for you.
I have got one or two from my local dealer. I stored them away for safe keeping then

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Have you googled it. I have found some wiring diagrams on there that were helpful. Sorry I do not have much experience with them.
Yes If you have a local dealer they could print one out for you.
I have got one or two from my local dealer. I stored them away for safe keeping then

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I realized yesterday after I received the flywheel, stator, and other parts in the mail that the black connector with 2 wires goes to the stator! LOL I didn't see the stator's connector on ebay while I was bidding on it. So now I've figured it all out and it was very simple and the wire I got from JD was correct all along. Durrrp

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Lesson learned and not one that you’ll soon forget
Glad you figured it out. It does help to walk away for awhile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts