JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gents. So the Dog (1967 110) may ne going back to work on yard duty. However if that happens I will need some parts. I may be looking for a deck to begin with, but also a mile drive and the pro control. Would also like to find rear lift kit and integral hitch. Anyone with a line on any of these items would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have a 110/112 operator's manual you could email me? I've got the service manual, but looking for an operators.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
My first post. I'm restoring my late uncle's 1966 110 that I remember sitting on his lap and driving around the yard. Rebuilt the 8hp Kohler 181S and all is good. The mule drive bearings sounded dry, but no noticeable play in the shaft. I figured i would press the shaft out and replace the bearings...Not so simple. The shaft and bearing assembly appear to be an OEM special from New Departure. The outer race is one piece and the length of the mule drive casting. Ref attached photo. i would at lease like to pop of the shields and get some grease in. I welcome the forum's assistance before I do something stupid and pass the point of no return!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Never had to tear one down
Do you have access to a manual?
And welcome to the sight
We love pics so please share when u can

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks. I have all the original paper manuals, but the parts list and online parts lists do not show the mule drive, unless I am somehow overlooking it. Would anyone know which exploded view has the mule drive?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, the only paper parts manual I am missing is the mower deck! I have the one piece sealed shaft/bearing assembly that is no longer available. I punched a hole w/ an awl and injected some grease beneath the shields and this tightened the bearings up and made me feel better. Plugged the holes with a dab of epoxy and cleaned the ends with acetone and sealed with aluminum duct tape. This also made me feel better! I did not try to remove the shields. Looks like the assembly was redesigned to use conventional bearings w/ a spacer in later years. Found this forum that has my version: https://www.wfmachines.com/threads/intermediate-drive-bearing.123272/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts