JD Fanatic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a question on my PTO lever on my 74 JD 110. Should I be able to engage it while I have the clutch depressed? My linkage was rigged and I've got almost all of the original parts. I think I've got it dialed in. Just not sure if it should be able to engage it while the clutch is depressed. 

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
Yes, you should be able to engage it. The PTO lever has nothing to do with the clutch set up. 

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
Sounds like the pivot linkage on the PTO needs to be greased up a little. Sorry to tell you, but it's located under the battery tray.  :(

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like the pivot linkage on the PTO needs to be greased up a little. Sorry to tell you, but it's located under the battery tray.  :(
Does ts it have a grease fitting? It works great if the clutch isn't depressed. Makes me think it is binding or coming in contact with something.  I'll yank the battery out and let it charge anyhow. My wife isn't too happy with me right now lol, too much tractor time she doesn't understand, it can be 100 degrees out, but I'll still be in the garage cranking on it if I can. 

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
Once you get the battery tray out, take a picture and let us see what you got. The PTO lever, when trying to engage or disengage should snap into place. You have to snap it forward to engage, and snap it back to disengage. 

No, there is no grease zerk. Just lube it up real good with grease and keep working it back and forth until it gets easier to engage and disengage. 

Pictures will really help us determine what your trouble is. 

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will do. I bought the linkage new that goes from the over center mechanism to the PTO pulls assembly. It is missing the spacer that goes in between the stop nuts do to it being on back order from John Deere. 

1 - 7 of 7 Posts